I forgot to put a picture of the Honest Scrap up on part one. But here it is, in all its glory. It makes me think of Rosie the Riveter. We Can Do It! And to me, that is what the award is all about. Are you ready to do the right thing, even if it's not glorious? Does life come in bits and pieces of scrap that you rivet together to a good purpose?
Momma Fargo over at The Boogie Man is My Friend gave me this award. We are recently following each other. (If you were tracking, that would be some odd trail sign.) She has a daughter that runs up to her and gives her hugs. That says it all about her parenting. She has an S & R dog who recently was very ill, and all we got was a brief mention or two. That says it all about the strong shoulders. And she has a Captain that she can make *blink*blink* and a partner who will roll his eyes, but they count on her every day.
The Ten AwardeesMy first Three Awards go to Bloggers I wish were still Blogging. I regret their loss, but this is not about whining, it's about Tribute. Three writers in law enforcement, each very different, all very good. So for Conspicuous Gallantry and Honesty in a world full of dishonest Scrapping:
1. The Warrior Poets--This writer wrestled bleak streets with a near-golden sense of the beauty in it all. Within those twin tensions, he had a definite opinion, but it was layered with subtleties. It made me want to do better, even if only to See and Witness for myself.
2. Pepper Spray Me--One Time was adventuring every day, twenty-four seven. The Wild West is still plenty Wild, thank you very much, and meetings on Main Street do not have the rules conveyed by John Ford flicks. But somehow like those flicks, desperadoes and bombshells in red satin still careened through . . .
3. The Johnny Law Chronicles--A spare writer with definite opinions. My understanding of him was clued by his political profile. He's a moderate man who saw plenty of concern in the immoderate way we are living. A moderate man can be a fighter, maybe the best there is, because he won't brook nonsense from the fringe. He was also a great instructor, teaching directly and by example.
And now for The Magnificent Seven. The Rules: You mention me, so that readers can follow the chain up and back and meet new bloggers. Then you tell Ten Things about yourself. That gives you the opportunity to choose other bloggers you believe should be highlighted! It is up to ten awardees.
You can mix it up, tell Ten things you believe about your work, or something like that. It's still personal but won't give your home address, if you know what I mean. Or you can just tell us any thing at all.
4. peedee at Queen of the Dogs
She's a scrapper, all right. She and I want transformed lives. Both of us are changing our diet, the way we work, our sleep patterns (maybe that's just me) and our exercise levels. We're also rebuilding new structures for a new life. There have been days when a letter or post from peedee has been the last holding grapple on the line. I know that grapple holds. Peedee, muah!
5. Bob G. at The Pa-In Erudition
Do I need to say Bob is a scrapper? He Told It How He Sees It for a thousand posts. He knows how to fix a screen,. plant a daisy, and make use of a backbone. Bob, we need Ten Life Lessons, or where you saw Ten Birds on your Life List, or anything that comes to mind.
6. The Bug at The Bug's Eye View.
Dear The Bug, give us Ten! You've been all around the world and seen a lot that we can relate to. That's for sure. And you brighten my day. You may not think you're scrapping, but not everybody does it the loud way.
7. Gia at A Gia's Life!
Dispatcher, mom, best friend to those who are down, sender of packages to the military, gardener, lover of tulips, and a force for Good. Another quiet and honest Scrapper.
8. meleah at Momma Mia Mea Culpa
She's out every day, Doing Things Differently until that Doing means Doing Things the Same. It's about Elevating Rituals. I go there often to see another person taking the bumps and living with What Is while Moving Forward anyway. She has a unique style!
9. Linnnn at The Chronicle of Linnnn
This is another new blog on my list. She's a funny writer and/but in other posts, very nuanced under a riveting directness. I have been enjoying her insights and her travails now for about a month. Go Linnnn! Give us Ten!
10. Slamdunk at Slam Dunks
Slamdunk, you get so many awards, and so deservedly, I think it sometimes wrecks your regularly scheduled programming. So I am going to Mention You as an Awardee, but without laying the Rules on You.
Everybody knows Slamdunk! And by checking his comments, you can network all over the blog-a-verse. So let's just say he pre-qualified. Right now he is tackling some way-difficult subjects and I am more than grateful. That is Scrapping Loud. And he's doing the good at home, too. That is quiet Scrapping. And both equally honest.
There are so many blogs I love, but they are sometimes very private people or just Don't Do Awards, (really, Schmoe, not even Breakfast? What do you mean, you don't like chickens?), or it's not part of their Blog Mission (Oh, so that's it! No clucks allowed.). If anyone needs a good read, check out my blogroll. Ann T. has the best blog roll in town, or at least, the best blogroll according to Ann T.