Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen v. Zombie Ledgers

I have a meeting tonight at 7 p.m. with the Condo Board to go over de-zombified ledgers. The official halfway mark. No Zombies Admitted, so we can talk.

I have a two-page presentation on how the association loses a thousand dollars, no lie, when it looks like we've only lost twenty-five. (Complete except photocopies).

I have the ledger corrections nearly done, i.e., separated into categories and all written up in Excel. (Needs more editing.)

I have a list of discretionary moves that should be explained and a lot of incomplete explanations. I tried to get that yesterday and no luck.

I have prepared remarks for the publicly-reported part of the meeting and prepared remarks for the executive session.  (Complete).

I have a lot of polishing left, though! More later . . . gotta get that red dress and a few swords . . .

5 comments:

Linnnn said...

St. Michael will be kinda busy so he's sending St. Schmoolie, the patron saint of people who tilt with the windmills who are condo boards. Schmoolie's pen is more threatening than the sword, pointier and never runs out of ink. And the ink is a zombie toxin! Perfect for you!

Cowabunga!

Capt. Schmoe said...

The mood around the zombie lair must be tense, their feelings evolving from annoyance into fear.

The very idea of exclusion must have caused the wringing of zombie hands and the gnashing of zombie teeth.

Worry not Ann T, the power of Excel shall protect you.

Ann T. said...

Dear Linnnn,
Can I order a half-dozen of St. Schmoolie's pens? LOL!

Dear Captain Schmoe,
I am definitely relying on the power of Excel!

Thanks to you both for encouragement!
That is my true weapon.

Ann T.

meleah rebeccah said...

I am highly impressed with your organizational skillz! Go get 'em Ann!

Ann T. said...

Dear Meleah, and Linnnn and Captain Schmoe,

It went well. Three hours of pre-crunched numbers made excruciating by mistakes. But I have their attention now! We did the good, and I am now halfway through!

Thanks, Meleah! I can't believe it myself.
Ann T.