Sunday, May 9, 2010

National Police Week in Washington, D.C.

May 9 through 16, 2010 is National Police Week.
 A huge convocation will take place in the District of Columbia the latter part of the week.  Every morning, May 12 through 16, Ann T. Hathaway blog will post some tiny tributes, 6:00 A.M. Eastern Time. Most of them should be worth a laugh, a smile, or maybe a nod. They are just to add something to the day, a sprinkle of raisins in the pancake batter, so to speak. I hope you enjoy them. I hope they convey some small thanks for the law and order I presently enjoy year-round.

On the off-chance someone reading this is attending the events, here are two useful sites:
1. The National Law Enforcement Memorial site. But you knew that already.
2. Check Washington Metro Area Transit Authority (wmata.com) for transit schedules.
They have a Trip Planner that's really good with directions and times.

My sidebar has a D.C. Local blogroll. The DCist usually has the local bop. The Washington Post is represented twice, in blog and news, and it's an easy hop to the entertainment section.

9 comments:

Momma Fargo said...

Thanks for posting this!

Bob G. said...

Ann:
Yeah, ditto on Mamma Fargo's sentiment.

Makes me wish I still lived in Philly...I could motor down there in under 2 hours!

Ann T. said...

Dear Momma Fargo, and Bob,
I'm hoping my study of the police culture via electrons has given me enough insight into what will be entertaining and meaningful. We'll see. Nothing ventured, nothing gained . . .

Thanks for writing in.
Ann T.

Texas Ghostrider said...

Thank you for respecting what we do. I look forward to the posts.

Ann T. said...

Dear TGR,
Thank you all for doing what you do.

Very truly yours,
Ann T.

the observer said...

Ann T:
This is one of those occasions when Twitter would actually be useful!

Enjoy--hope your weather is awesome.

The Observer

Ann T. said...

Dear The Observer,
Maybe somebody will Tweet this--that would be great with me!

I hope to see parts of this, it depends on my shed-yule.

Christopher said...

I leave Ohare on Wednesday for DC and can't wait to be back there again.

Ann T. said...

Dear Christopher,
I hope you have a wonderful time. I am thrilled to know somebody who will be there.

Ann T.