Monday, June 7, 2010

Fats Domino: Blue Monday

We haven't had any music for a good long while. And it's Monday, so . . . you get Fats with a classic. Hopefully ease you right into the week.


The lyrics are below the jump, in case you want to sing this to your boss or something.



Blue Monday
by Fats Domino and Fabian

Blue Monday, how I hate Blue Monday
Got to work like a slave all day.
Here come Tuesday, oh hard Tuesday
I'm so tired got no time to play.
Here come Wednesday, I'm beat to my socks
My gal calls, got to tell her that I'm out--
'Cause Thursday is a hard workin' day
And Friday I get my pay

Saturday mornin', oh Saturday mornin'
All my tiredness has gone away.
Got my money, and my honey
And I'm out on the stand to play.
Sunday mornin' I'm feelin' bad
But it's worth it for the time that I had
But I've got to get my rest
'Cause Monday is a mess.

6 comments:

Momma Fargo said...

Yippee! Love Fats!

The Bug said...

Monday is a mess is right LOL!

Bob G. said...

Ann:
NOw THAT got the old toes tappin'!

The Bug said...

Monday is a mess is right!

P.S. I posted this earlier but got a blogger error - so I apologize if it shows up twice!

the observer said...

Ann T:
Sweet! The wonderful old time jazz! New Orleans and KC!
The Observer

Ann T. said...

Dear Momma Fargo, Bob, and The Observer,

We're going to have to have more Fats Domino around here if this is how you feel about it!!

Ann T.

Dear The Bug,
I think Blogger is a mess. One comment made it to my in-box and the other just showed up! We'll just let it stand.

Hard Tuesday's coming,
I wish you well!
Ann T.