Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Taking the Heat on the Sun's Longest Day

Oh, you all, what a day for heat and new experiences!

1. Met new therapist. I will have to adjust. I think she is afraid (new student) but she is going to catch on fast to my fast-running train to success.  It's going to work.

2. Immediately afterward, I got a call from the Board President. He heard a rumor that our condo bills haven't been paid. I went down and saw that this was true. I asked and found out it was true indeed.

How can even a Zombie miss two months of electric bills? Do the Zombies know how bad it will be if they cut the power off? No light after dark? No refrigeration or air conditioning? We will have a riot around here. Unbelievable.

3. I went down and started THAT process. Then I took a way-long bicycle ride in the evening, the longest day of the year. It was fantastic. I watched the sun go down over the water. I don't know if the picture turned out though.

4. Guess where I am spending time today.  Oh, if only I could send them to the Zombie Highway today.


5. I am Empowered to kick ass by the League. So there it is.

6 comments:

Bob G. said...

Ann:

There ya go...
The League of Extraordinary Ass-Kickers"...!

(make one helluva movie, too I'd bet).
I'd pay to see that.

:)

Gia's Spot said...

So you are kinda like the Ghostbusters today only for Zombies? Sweet! Go get'em AnnT!
Oh so happy that the therapist is willing and able to trot beside your run for success! And then to top it all off with a ride into the sunset? Sounds perfect! Here's to hoping today's ride is smooth!
Gia

the observer said...

Ann T:
I assume this is the electric bill for the building's essentials--hall lights, elevators, climate control, outside lights, no? Does it include the units' electric also? (I think we had to pay our own in our NY co-op but I'm not sure.)

How in the world is this messed up? Is this done by a volunteer, or is someone paid to make sure this gets paid every month?

Heads should roll.

Hopefully new therapist will hang on for the ride--she might learn from you.

Good for you taking advantage of the long day--was it hot in Hot Winds (aside from the usual political blow hards)?

Thanks for all the updates!

Ann T. said...

Dear Bob,
Oh, yes, I could be a member of the E.A.K. And fortunately, I have backup from the Extraordinary Gentlemen!

Anyway, I've been kicking today . .

LOL!
Ann T.

Ann T. said...

Thank you Gia!! Unbelievable the stuff I find out each day I spend down there.

And yes, it was Great yesterday. Today I DO hope for similar!

xo,
Ann T.

Ann T. said...

Dear The Observer,
Yes, this is ALL the utility bills for EVERYONE. Not paid for TWO MONTHS. People DO get paid to do this, . It is JUNE and HOT.

SO WAS I.

There is always this invitation down there to find myself unreasonable. Like, everything is under control if I'd just quit Bugging them. But if I didn't BUG them, I guess we'd be in the dark!

I find it incredible.

In calmer news: yup, it's hot. I try to take my ride in the evenings, especially with these long days. I love them! The politicians are still blowing hot and hard as usual. . . as you have also blogged . . .

Thank you!
Ann T.