Sunday, July 11, 2010

Getting a Laugh from Emo Phillips

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.”
"Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps."
 "I was walking down Fifth Avenue today and I found a wallet, and I was gonna keep it, rather than return it, but I thought: well, if I lost a hundred and fifty dollars, how would I feel? And I realized I would want to be taught a lesson.”
--
It's good to laugh, sometimes especially at serious concerns.

Emo Phillips is a comedian with a somewhat odd delivery style and geeky appearance. He has a web site. His biography is at Wikipedia. I found the quotes at think.exist.com though.

Have a great day, everybody!

11 comments:

Argent said...

I've LOVED Emo Phillips for years! Thanks for rmeinding me about him.

Bob G. said...

Ann:
I didn't know he was still around.

I always loved his humor and delivery, but that hair style was a little too "Dutch Boy" for me...LOL!

He reminded me of a big kid that "wanted" to do good, but knew the odds might be stacked against him...so he would take an "easier" path.
Lesson right there, eh?

Have a great Sunday.

Ann T. said...

Dear Argent,
I first ran into that second quote on a greeting card. I was going to send it to my mom, and decided--hmmm--will she worry?

He is a crackup!
Glad you enjoyed. Thanks for writing in!
Ann T.

Ann T. said...

Dear Bob,
I think that pageboy hairstyle might be white now. It is a little strange!

Yeah, the easy path . . . I like it when a comedian points things out by saying the opposite and true, the social commentary.

And LOL!
Thanks for dropping by!

Ann T.

peedee said...

He is funny!! I've heard some of these funnies before but didnt realize where they came from!

Thanks, I'm off to YouTube him!

Ann T. said...

Dear Peedee,
UNBELIEVABLE!!

I got to an entertainer of some sort before you did?????!!!

I'm knocked out of my chair!!

Love you baby,
Your obedient servant,
The frequently out-of-date
Ann T.

meleah rebeccah said...

OMG! That first joke literally made me laugh out loud!

the observer said...

Somehow, humor just seems right for Saturday/Sunday!

Haha!

The Observer

Christopher said...

Yeah, that first one was classic. Never heard of the guy, but love his style now.

Ann T. said...

Dear Meleah,
Yes, that one got me right away! Although I saw the second one on a greeting card once . . . I just like him.

Thanks for stopping in!
Ann T.

Dear The Observer,
You're right! Especially since I've been writing such intense posts. I needed the break too!

A day of rest,
Ann T.

Ann T. said...

Dear Christopher,
It's plain to me that I will never be a stand-up comedian.

That first quote gets right to an irony in modern society that takes me Posts and Posts to Explore! And there it is in one line.

(sigh)
Ann T.

Thanks for stopping by!