Saturday, July 3, 2010

Miss Ellen, Unchained and Well-Lit

Now that Miss Ellen has the dairy crate, the cats have decided they would like to take a ride. They jumped into Miss Ellen's booty and Miss Ellen went down.

So, on my way back from the World War Memorial, her chain came undone. That was a long walk. It was a lovely day, though, so it was no hardship. All the pedestrians were happy people and I passed a homeless man reading comic books. That was a beautiful sight, although I can't exactly explain why.

Yesterday I took Miss Ellen in to be re-chained. I love the bike store. You have never seen so many tattoos on skinny guys wearing black. All of them are pleasant and competent. I admired some aerodynamic bikes with custom cross-sections (nothing like Ellen, for sure), bought a headlight, and in general gave Miss Ellen some birthday glory.  We headed out, with speed and our own funky finesse once more.

4 comments:

Bob G. said...

Ann:
Cats in the crate...LOL. That must have been a sight to behold!

If the chain only came off, I could have helped you, but if you lost a pin out of it, then you needed a new chain.

Consider it an "early birthday gift" for Miss Ellen.

Besides, what self respecting woman DOESN'T want a nice new shiny chain to proudly wear for all to see, eh?

Although most women DO prefer GOLD, it's impractical on bicycles...LOL

Have a great weekend!

Ann T. said...

Dear Bob,
Thank you! I appreciate it!
I'm going to learn how to do some of this basic stuff. There has to be a community course somewhere.

As for gold chains, that sounds wonderful! For me, not Miss E!

LOL,
Ann T.

the observer said...

Ann T:
You can put the chain on yourself, but it is greasy job. My 10 speed would drop its chain every so often until I had things adjusted.

Silly cats! They need their own milk crate!

The Observer

Ann T. said...

Dear The Observer,
I did try to get the chain on. Good think I own that Lava Soap!!

Currently, one cat is sleeping in a laundry basket and another is watching birds on the windowsill. I started keeping Miss Ellen's crate full with the bike helmet, my handbag, and other as necessary!

But you know--they have to have adventures.

Ann T.