Monday, December 6, 2010

The Bus Bench

Coming home from very lonely places, all of us go a little mad: whether from great personal success, or just an all-night drive, we are the sole survivors of a world no one else has ever seen.
--John le Carre, "The Chancellor Who Agreed To Play Spy", 
The New York Times, May 8, 1974



Photo September 1.

I would write more, but everything is so serious right now. I have to finish this road. I think two weeks. That doesn't mean I won't blog for two weeks, but maybe not about the real stuff. I mean, the condo board.

I am catching up on your blogs and trying to comment here and there. You'll see me.
Ann T.

6 comments:

Bob G. said...

Ann:
And we'll be right here...at the bench...or the fence...waiting.

"To all things in their own time", I believe the saying goes.

Stay warm out there.
(cuz it's cold)

:)

Ann T. said...

Dear Bob,
I was down in Zombie land a good part of the day, and will be tomorrow. However, I may at last be seeing progress!

In the meantime, I found a draft of something that was purt--near ready to go, and it's up today.

Thank you for stopping by my empty bench,
Ann T.

Momma Fargo said...

Love the pic and poem. You finish the road. I'll be here.

the observer said...

Ann T

Seen your comments and thank you! I thought I set this thing to tell me if anyone leaves comments on posts older than two weeks but that doesn't seem to be happening...I'll just have to look!

You take care of bidness--we'll all be here.

XOXO

the Observer

Ann T. said...

Dear Momma Fargo,
Thank you lady! That road just seems to dip and curve but I am coming to the end and plan to move to a better one.

Sincerely,
Ann T.

Ann T. said...

Dear The Observer,
Oh, I know how that goes with the Blogger settings. Sometimes I think they reset on their own.

Thanks for the great posts over at your place! I am trying to go through everyone's blog and catch up, however untimely it may be.

xo back atcha!
Ann T.