Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Christmas Eve and Day

Ann T. wishes her readers a Very Nice Christmas.

Whether you believe or not, 
celebrate or not. 
Whether you are alone 
or have family or friends to celebrate with.
A very nice Christmas to you all.

To all: please don't drink and drive, or get stoned and drive. Call a ride or stay where you are.
If you are alone, plan against loneliness. It's a coping strategy. Plan for a good day.
--
I talked to a cab driver the other day, an immigrant from Ethiopia. His daughter is two years and four months old this Christmas. He can't wait to show her Christmas for the first time. He reported that she asked: "Daddy, what is a Christmas tree?" He was so proud.

"So I had to go get one, you know, to show her."
We talked a little bit about how exciting it was to view through her eyes. And I said parents do that a lot: they get excitement from their kids.

"Love pushes you," he said. "See, she pushed me, and now we have a tree, and everything."
He was thrilled.

They are having a traditional Christmas dinner, but also a lot of cakes, he told me. And maybe also some Italian food.

I love it. Write me if you want, and say what you are having and doing.
If you are having turkey, tell me what's in your stuffing. I collect stuffing stories all holiday season. Everybody does theirs differently. Next year I may start an official Ann T. survey!
--
My cats are having Turkey Surprise out of a can. We are having a play date.
I am having pancakes with maple syrup, sausage AND bacon for brunch, and then going out to take a lot of pictures. I bought a Michael Connelly novel and will read that. Then I think I might have a lot of cakes and Italian food. Or maybe just the cakes.

Happy Christmas!

10 comments:

Carolina Linthead said...

May you have a Very Nice Christmas, indeed!

Ann T. said...

Dear C.L.,
Thank you! Enjoy yours with The Bug and family!

Ann T.

Bob G. said...

Ann:
Thank you for providing many of us with wit, wisdomm and anti-Zombie tactics over these many months.
(and the thought of Italian food got me hungry now)

I know I've come away better educated.

We're doing a Christmas duck this year.
(couldn't find a goose at the store, and the DNR wouldn't let me take my shotgun out to Foster Park)

Hopefully, I won't allow it to turn out like the Griswold's turkey...LOL.

Movies to watch (again) and perhaps a game or two.

And egg nog to drink (maybe some "high-octane" cider as well)

May you enjoy a BLESSED and MERRY Christmas.
(Miss Ellen, too...is that garland on the handlebars?)

God Bless.
And stay safe.

Ann T. said...

Dear Bob,
Thanks for all the very fine compliments. I have also learned many things from you! And stopping by your place is part of my good day, always.

I love that you are having duck. My mother-in-law introduced me to it some time ago, and it's great.

Never had goose though! Just been one, LOL.

Have a safe and Happy Christmas,
Ann

Slamdunk said...

We enjoy a very informal pancake brunch here at the house as well. Have been doing it a few years now.

I look forward to seeing your pictures.

Lt @ squadcartheology said...

Since the kids are with mom on Christmas Eve, I'll be going out to dinner with my siblings. We chose a restaurant that specializes in food from central Asia. I'm bring a bottle of wine from Lebanon. And we'll likely get dessert from Starbucks. Eclectic, but interesting.

Merry Christmas.

Ann T. said...

Dear Slamdunk,
Now that sounds like you all have it figured out for sure. Pancakes for brunch and the "big do" in the evening.

I keep trying to get rid of the Christmas food, but the more I eat, the more shows up!

LOL,
Have a lovely holiday!
Ann T.

Ann T. said...

Dear Lt.,
Well, your Christmas Eve certainly rivals my cab driver's for round-the-world expression!

It sounds perfectly wonderful.

The very best to you and yours,
Ann T.

The Bug said...

Well, I had pulled pork BBQ for breakfast yesterday & today :) And we had pizza last night. Today we went to see Dr. M's mom in the nursing home (ham, green beans, potato salad, red velvet cake!). Our evening celebration at his aunt's house was canceled due to snow (! in NC!) so we had leftover pizza for dinner. Works for me!

I hope you've had a great day!

Ann T. said...

Dear The Bug,
Oh, do I love pulled pork Barbecue. And I think having it for breakfast sounds like the Height of Luxury.

Pizza is also good. it's not turkey, but in some ways that is not to be despised.

I am glad you're having fun--I bet you think that North Ca'lina snow is not so big, but we southerners do get mighty concerned!

We don't have ours yet, but we're supposed to get some tonight.

Merry Christmas, dear The Bug,
Ann T.