Wednesday, February 2, 2011

January Roll Call

Every month, the Ann T. Hathaway blog honors law enforcement officers who have died in the line of duty. January has been a particularly full month for those who protect us daily.
Please take a moment to consider the fallen, their families and friends, and their colleagues.


--Suzanne Hopper--John Norsworthy--Ralph Painter--
--William Torbit Jr.--Ryan Russell--Rogerio Morales--Kevin Marceau--
--Christopher Matlosz--Larry Nehasil--Tom Hayes--
--Roger Castillo--Amanda Haworth--Chuck Nesbitt Jr.--
--Tom Baitinger--Jeffrey Yaslowitz--David Moore--
--Casimiro Pomales--Jayme Biendl--


I learned about these officers from the Officer Down Memorial Page and Behind the Blue Line/Policing in Vancouver blog.

7 comments:

Bob G. said...

Ann:
Down in Indy, they laid Off. david Moore to rest yesterday (with all that bad weather).

THOUSANDS of officers from all over the country filled in for all the IMP officers who attended the services.
A real tribute to the BLUE LINE.

Stay safe.

The Bug said...

Suzanne Hopper was ours. Sigh.

Yellow said...

Ann~
I never know if I want you to keep posting this, or if I can grow a pair enough to stop reading. You see I love that someone out there is taking the time to give thanks to our officers, and at the same time it makes me sad and hurt to see so many have lost their lives doing what is right. I will settle with Thank you Ann, and next month I will have the will power to not look. . .

the observer said...

Ann T:
A much too long list, wow a lot of names there. My condolences to the families and friends. Most officers are married or in committed relationships, often with kids. I think of the kids.

@Bob G: Here in KCMO, an officer who passed with cancer was laid to rest. Even in the world's worst weather, he got the 21 gun salute, the "taps" and everything. News link below.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/02/01/2625758/blinding-snow-biting-wind-mark.html

I hope you resolve your computing issues soon! Otherwise we might see you at the library!

The Observer

Edith Winehouse Plath Etheridge said...

Hi Ann T.
Thanks for keeping at it.
-Edith

Momma Fargo said...

Thanks for remembering our friends in blue, Ann! A great tribute to those that serve law enforcement and paid the ultimate price. Thank you!

Momma Fargo said...

The list keeps getting longer, doesn't it? My friend just emailed me and said she noticed a lot of officers getting killed the last month. Crazy. Bless you, lovely lady!