Saturday, June 4, 2011

Exclusively at Ann T. Hathaway, You can watch Paint Dry

And if this doesn't mean you dear readers are hanging in, I don't know what does.
But it reflects progress on the Daily Spackle. I am almost done painting the ceiling in my small flat--which I ALSO spackled!!! And the painting shows I did a good job--again, not perfect though.

The last sanding. It's not perfect, but it's close enough.

I just happened to have some primer, I forget why.
No doubt something about unfulfilled intentions.

Can you believe I lived with this? No More.

Primed and ready to paint.

When I finish that, I will start caulking in the kitchen. Then I will put real paint on the kitchen walls after that.
And since you have been so kind as to watch my paint dry, I will put something interesting up next time.

7 comments:

The Bug said...

LOL - frankly it's just nice to watch someone actually DO a project instead of just think about it :)

Ann T. said...

Dear The Bug,
LOL right back!

It did seem to take a parcel of thinking to get to this point.

I think I am about halfway through my list now.

Thanks for the encouragement!
Ann T.

Bob G. said...

Ann:
I am so very impressed at the work you've been doing...must be a labor of love!

I have some of THOSE "love interests" around our place as well...(more like love to find someone ELSE to do most of them...LOL).

You're not gonna recognize the place when you're finished...

Keep up the great work.
Be well & Stay safe.

Ann T. said...

Dear Bob,
I didn't think of it as a "Labor of Love" but that's exactly right--appreciating what I have.

I also fixed the disposal and saved $80 to $100 on a service call! I am full of victory today. It took me a week to figure out what to do, but yeah!

Thanks for reading all this!
Ann

The Observer said...

Ann T:
Documenting progress is always good. When I finished a project, I snapped a pic and put it on Facebook. Even if only I enjoyed looking at it, it was good to say, "It's done."

Thanks for sharing your progress. :)

The Observer

Ann T. said...

Dear The Observer,
Taking "before and after" pictures is one thing that's getting me through all this.

Also, I think it allows me to see it through a more disinterested eye. The camera sort of displaces the emotion and allows me to analyze what I have.

I am still not on facebook, but I am so glad to know that someone else does the very same thing!

Thanks for stopping in!
Ann T.

Momma Fargo said...

You are doing a fine job!